The VPSA Initiatives Subcommittee of the Conference Leadership Committee has been hard at work to develop relevant and engaging educational and networking opportunities for VPSAs attending the 2020 NASPA Annual Conference. You won't want to miss this year's event!
VPSAs can expect these offerings and much more in Austin in March:
- The traditional, full-day NASPA Vice Presidents for Student Affairs Institute will feature sessions on topics that are top of mind for campus executives including innovative strategies for addressing ever-increasing demands for mental health services, effective leadership during this period of great upheaval and uncertainty, and hot and emerging trends in student affairs and higher education more broadly.
- VPSA attending the NASPA Annual Conference for the first time or a seasoned attendees who are attending the conference for the first time as a VPSA should plan to attend the peer-guided session, Navigating the NASPA Annual Conference as a VPSA, for the insider scoop on how to get the most out of their conference experiences.
- Connect with peers at like institutional types during the informal but facilitated Institutional Type VPSA Roundtables. Roundtables for VPSAs at community colleges, MSIs, small, medium-sized, and large colleges and universities will be offered.
- On Monday and Tuesday of the conference, VPSAs will have the chance to engage informally with one another during the topic-specific VPSA Colleague Conversations. We’ll share the determined topics here as the conference approaches.
- The ever-popular VPSA and Voting Delegate Reception will be on Tuesday, March 30, 2019 this year! This time provide you with a chance to step away from your busy conference schedule to network with your fellow VPSAs.
- Throughout the conference, VPSAs will have the chance to visit the private VPSA Lounge to connect with peers, share ideas and information, or just relax.
NASPA understands that it’s never easy for VPSAs to be away from campus. You can trust that time spent with us during #NASPA2020 will be time well spent!