"NASPA believes that equity, inclusion, and social justice require continual pursuits to ensure that members from all identities, backgrounds, abilities, and belief systems have access, voice, acknowledgement, and opportunities to participate at all levels within the Association and the profession."
This statement by the NASPA Board of Directors guides our practices of creating an onsite experience that is inclusive, welcoming, accessible, and free from discrimination or harassment.
Supporting a Safe Respectful Environment
It is the policy of NASPA not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, affectional or sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability in any of its policies, programs, publications, and services. NASPA prohibits discrimination and harassment at any time, including during its events or within publications and online learning communities.
NASPA participants are expected to conduct themselves in all NASPA capacities, events, and settings with:
- consideration and respect in their speech, actions, and in their personal, professional, and business conduct
- honesty in their professional relationships;
- respect for individuals' personal boundaries and conduct;
- behavior that is free from:
- demeaning, discriminatory, insulting, or harassing language or actions, in person or online; and
- harassment of any kind, including but not limited to unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical harassment.
If you experience or witness any behavior that violates this policy, we encourage you to report the incident to a NASPA staff member.
If you have other requests or suggestions to make the NASPA Virtual Conference more inclusive, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.