The VPSA Initiatives Subcommittee of the Conference Leadership Committee has been hard at work to develop relevant and engaging educational and networking opportunities for VPSAs attending the 2021 NASPA Virtual Conference. You won't want to miss this year's event!
VPSAs can expect these VPSA-exclusive online offerings during the March event:
- The traditional, full-day NASPA Vice Presidents for Student Affairs Institute will involve interactive sessions and guided discussions relevant for executive-level institutional leaders responsible for navigating today's rapidly changing, indeed tumultuous, higher education environment. The program focuses on existing and emerging challenges facing higher education leaders, leveraging momentum created by crises to spark or accelerate innovation, and sustaining oneself in the VPSA role in order to also sustain the profession of student affairs. Additionally, the institute will feature the perspectives provided by sitting college and university presidents who were once vice presidents for student affairs.
- Connect with peers at like institutional types during the informal but facilitated Institutional Type VPSA Roundtables. Roundtables for VPSAs at community colleges, MSIs, small, medium-sized, and large colleges and universities will be offered.
- Throughout the conference, VPSAs will have the chance to engage informally with one another during the topic-specific VPSA Colleague Conversations. Anticipated topics include
- Anti-racism efforts to promote equity and inclusion
- Staff challenges including preparation, recruitment, retention, and pathways
- Developing career-ready graduates in a post-COVID world
- Executive-level leadership transitions
Opportunities for peer-to-peer VPSA engagement are rare, and we hope that you’ll join us for these special VPSA initiatives from the comfort of your home or office in March! You can trust that time spent with us during #NASPA21 will be time well spent!